Thursday, March 26, 2009

Benchwarmer Baseball Experts League-Final Roster

We recently got done with the last step of our draft in the expert's league I'm in on http://www.benchwarmerbaseball.net.

Here is the final roster I have assembled and will open the season with:

Starting Position Players:

Coco Crisp, OF, Kansas City Royals
Carlos Lee, OF, Houston Astros
Brad Hawpe, OF, Colorado Rockies
Adrian Gonzalez, 1B, San Diego Padres
Aaron Hill, 2B, Toronto Blue Jays
Khalil Greene, SS, St. Louis Cardinals
Ryan Zimmerman, 3B, Washington Nationals
Chris Snyder, C, Arizona Diamondbacks
Nick Swisher, OF/1B, New York Yankees-will serve as my DH

Starting Rotation:

Derek Lowe, Atlanta Braves
John Lackey, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
John Maine, New York Mets
Johnny Cueto, Cincinnati Reds
Kyle Davies, Kansas City Royals
Sean Marshall, Chicago Cubs
J.A. Happ, Philadelphia Phillies

Bullpen:

Brian Fuentes, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
Manny Corpas, Colorado Rockies
Kevin Gregg, Chicago Cubs
Fernando Rodney, Detroit Tigers
Brandon League, Toronto Blue Jays

Bench/Taxi Squad/Minor League:

Gary Sheffield, OF/DH, Detroit Tigers
Todd Helton, 1B, Colorado Rockies
Jason Kubel, OF/DH, Minnesota Twins
Emilio Bonifacio, 2B/OF, Florida Marlins
Josh Anderson, OF, Atlanta Braves
Felix Pie, OF, Baltimore Orioles
Saul Rivera, RP, Washington Nationals
Bartolo Colon, SP. Chicago White Sox
J.P. Arencibia, C, Toronto Blue Jays

Overall, I think I can compete in the league with this team. I am interested in hearing any feedback anyone has.

1 comment:

Dave R said...

To me, the strengths of the team are (in order): starting pitching, position players, spot starters, bullpen, bench, minors. Just fine if you're primarily focused on the Yoo-Hoo for this season.

The reason I ranked bullpen so low is because you only have 1 definate closer (with 3 potential closers). BWB scoring uses the saves from the first 2 relievers, so having an active closer in the first 2 slots is important.

Subscribe To All The Balls On Substack

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a sportswriter based in Minnesota, and I contribute currently to a few sports related websites. I intend to use this blog to create visibility for my work.

Followers