Friday, March 13, 2009

Benchwarmer Baseball Experts League-Phase Two

In the expert's league I am in on http://www.benchwarmerbaseball.net, here are the players I added to my roster in Phase Two of the draft:

Adrian Gonzalez, 1B, San Diego Padres
Brian Fuentes, RP, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
Brad Hawpe, OF, Colorado Rockies
Aaron Hill, 2B, Toronto Blue Jays
Chris Snyder, C, Arizona Diamondbacks

I was able to fill my previously empty 2B and C spots with Hill and Snyder respectively, and I think they both could be very productive. Fuentes fills a spot I had targeted for this phase of the draft, a good closer, at what could be a bargain rate. Gonzalez is a very good hitter who should be very productive despite the fact his home park is the most pitcher-friendly park in all of baseball. On the flip side, Hawpe calls the hitter-friendly Coors Field home, and also should capably fill out a starting outfield spot. In the next phase I need to get a SS for sure, but I think my team is taking shape fairly nicely to this point.

I welcome any comments you may have

3 comments:

Dave R said...

How much cash did you have left over from the Phase 1 Draft? What spots do you still have to fill?

Brad Berreman said...

After Phase One, I had to fill 1B, C, 2B and SS. The only one I did not fill in Phase 2 was SS, so that was good I think. I forget how much $$$ I had or have now, but I think I'm somewhere in the middle of the pack in the league right now for cash left over.
Right now, SS is the main spot I have to fill, as well as fill out the rest of my starting rotation and bullpen.

Dave R said...

I'm joining a new BWB league as well and putting together the 1st draft list is an interesting intellectual challenge. Not only do you have to do player analysis, but also need to take into account some game theory, as you don't know who the other drafters are going for. Although it is easy to put an estimate on which players will be most difficult to draft (desired by most teams, like David Price ad Jay Bruce), it is more challenging to determine who may go completely uncontested. I am trying to maximize uncontested picks while also having a decent shot at one popular player. We'll see how it goes.

Subscribe To All The Balls On Substack

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a sportswriter based in Minnesota, and I contribute currently to a few sports related websites. I intend to use this blog to create visibility for my work.

Followers