Sunday, March 8, 2009

Benchwarmer Baseball Experts League

I am in a fantasy baseball expert's league on http://www.benchwarmerbaseball.net/ and we have gone through Phase One of the draft. It is a list-style draft with a salary cap, meaning we all submit list of players in each phase and our entire rosters have to fit within a salary cap (each player is assigned a salary).

Anyway, through the first phase, here's who I ended up with:

Derek Lowe, SP, Atlanta Braves
John Lackey, SP, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
Ryan Zimmerman, 3B, Washington Nationals
Carlos Lee, OF, Houston Astros
Johnny Cueto, SP, Cincinnati Reds
Coco Crisp, OF, Kansas City Royals
Sean Marshall, RP, Chicago Cubs
Brandon League, RP, Toronto Blue Jays
Josh Anderson, OF, Atlanta Braves
Felix Pie, OF, Baltimore Orioles

Overall, I think my top 3 starting pitchers (Lowe, Lackey and Cueto) are solid, but I need a good closer during the next phase for sure. I was happy to get Lee and Zimmerman, they could be a couple of undervalued cornerstones I can build around. Marshall could be the Cubs' number five starter, and has some upside potential. Anderson and Pie are young OFs that could see a lot of playing time this season.

Our lists for Phase 2 are due at the end of the week, and I'll keep updating things at each phase until I have a full roster.

1 comment:

Dave R said...

Brad, As a 9-year Benchwarmer Baseball player (and now a blogger!), I'd like to extend to you a very warm welcome to the game. It's great to see the league continuing to grow. Regarding your draft so far, I think you have a few gems in hand, particularly Carlos Lee and Coco Crisp (who I have both touted in recent posts). Best of luck this year and I hope you have as much fun with it that I have!

Subscribe To All The Balls On Substack

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a sportswriter based in Minnesota, and I contribute currently to a few sports related websites. I intend to use this blog to create visibility for my work.

Followers