Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010)

I'm going to take brief diversion from sports with this post. 
I'd like to showcase a poem I just wrote in memory of Ronnie James Dio, the famed former lead singer of Rainbow, Black Sabbath and of course the band that bore his last name.  He died this past Sunday at the age of 67 due to stomach cancer.

Without further ado, here is the poem, yet to be titled but I'll call it "Dio" for now.

We thought you'd live forever
But legends never truly die
The place you are is better
In our hearts you'll always lie


You chose to be a dreamer
And always make your mark
A light in the darkness
A rainbow in the dark


You were always a mystery
Who made us stand up and shout
You are the king of rock and roll
Of that there is no doubt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A fitting tribute to the best voice in metal. R.I.P., Dio...we'll all miss you! \m/

Subscribe To All The Balls On Substack

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a sportswriter based in Minnesota, and I contribute currently to a few sports related websites. I intend to use this blog to create visibility for my work.

Followers