Friday, January 23, 2009

Website Review: Paper Sports.com

Fantasy sports is a multi-billion dollar annual business. Almost any major sports outlet (ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, etc.) has their hand in that pot.

Papersports.com is a new website that takes fantasy sports a slightly different direction. This is my review of the site, in some of what I think are the most important categories

1. Ease of Registration: A+
It is easy to register on the site, all you need is an email address and then you create a user name and a password. Those things are standard, but many of the bigger sites offer newsletters that you have to opt out of receiving if you don't want your inbox somewhat flooded on a weekly basis. Paper Sports has none of that email clutter.

2. Payment Options-B+
Papersports.com offers not only credit card options to fund your account, which is also standard, but if you have a PayPal account you can fund your account with that as well. I don't know of another site that offers PayPal as an option for payment.

3. Variety Of Games Available To Play-A
Fantasy college football is growing, and Papersports offers it. That could be a tremendous competitive advantage, as CBS Sports.com is the only site I am aware of that offers fantasy college football. MLB, NFL and NBA are also available on the site.

4. Customizable And Unique Options-A
Paper Sports allows the user to create tournaments with multiple team number options, where you can choose the buy-in amount, who to invite to participate, etc. Users can also join open tournaments. Users can also customize the duration of a tournament, to include making a tournament as short as one-day for baseball and basketball.

5. Odds Of Winning-B+
The site allows you to know how many people you are competing against and how much money you can win. Therefore, your odds of winning go up as opposed to the national contests the bigger sites offer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds sweet. I'm going to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Cool - just checked it out. Me like it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the review and the kind comments from the guys at www.PaperSports.com.

CHoff said...

how funny. i just played my first $5 on Papersports.com

i am pretty sure my draft will pay off tonight as i got three of the top five ranked players. it didn't take long to draft, and i'm excited that i'll know tomorrow if i won or not.

Anonymous said...

I joined a couple of months ago, I like the fact that I don't have to sit and wait on someone else to join a game. Even though, a couple of times I got to battle head-to-head with someone(heh, talking shit in chat). I'm always a little warry of putting in my credit card online, so I appreciated the paypal thing too. Rock on!

Subscribe To All The Balls On Substack

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a sportswriter based in Minnesota, and I contribute currently to a few sports related websites. I intend to use this blog to create visibility for my work.

Followers